Blue stained wood with crimson carnations

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

My Mind's Eye- February Sketch Challenge

This month I decided to do something that I have never done before and do a page for a scrapbook challenge! My favorite scrapbook company My Mind's Eye hosts a contest on their blog challenging folks to design a page (using MME product) according to a specific set of directions. This challenge asked you to design a page off of a sketch.


Because I really liked the sketch and really love MME I decided to give this thing a shot!

Almost as soon as I had decided I knew what I wanted the layout to be about and what direction I wanted to go with the colors, as well as what special emblishment I wanted to use! But the layout almost didn't happen as the weekend I planned to do this layout I got really sick with the flu! However, after I was back on my feet it was one of the first things that I wanted to accomplish! After I got started and picked specific papers for the base page and a collection set for the mats the rest of the design elements fell into place rather quickly and it came together faster then I anticipated!




Here is the page title: "Tweetie"! 

I love the way the branches turned out! I used twine for the branches and punched leaves out of paper that had a leaf pattern in it so that I could punch along the lines and give my leaves veins! 
 
This bluebird was the diving board for the rest of the layout! I was thrilled to find a chipboard peice in my stash that proclaimed "Spread your wings"!

Loved the way the orange journaling tag pops off of the robin's egg blue of the layout! The dark latte colored chipboard piece anchors it well.

Hope you like it! I know I do! Actually I can't stop staring at it because everything just says "Yes!" to me! I'm looking forward to putting it in my book!


Materials List:
Base- MME "The Sweetest Thing" collection- "Tangerine Happy Woodsy" and "Bluebell Every Day"; Mats- MME "On the Bright Side- Two" collection; Chipboard- "The Sweetest Thing" collection "Honey Perfect"; Twine- MME "All is Bright" collection; Journaling Tag- MME "On the Bright Side-Two" Accessory Sheet; Buttons- American Crafts- "Daydreams" assortment; Cardboard Sticker- Doodlebug Design- "So Tweet"; Rub-on Letters- American Crafts- Mini Marks "Purkey".

1 comment:

  1. Love it! Leaves and branches are very creative. Nice how the sepia tones of the center photo blend with the journaling tag to the right, too.

    ReplyDelete

Give me a piece of your mind! ...Really, it makes my day!