Blue stained wood with crimson carnations

Monday, February 25, 2013

Practicing Love- Encouragment for New Mom's

Tonight I was doing a bit of trawling around on Pinterest and found this article from the Dayspring woman's blog inCourage titled "100 Ways to Encourage a New Mom". I thought the post was a great one and worth sharing for those who might be looking for practical ways to do something useful for a new mom- or a new mom with several other little ones. I hope that I can put some of these into practice with the very next newborn mom that I encounter! I particularly liked suggestions that involved photos (like #17, 49 & 50) and I'm also thinking about putting together a 'mom's care basket' that include things like #67, 75, 84 & 93.
Many of these things may not seem like a lot- but I think that many of the smallest things can mean the most! Through those small things we can show our love to someone who is pouring all her love and energy into her new child!

The first few thing go like this:
  1. Fold her laundry – especially all the socks
  2. Leave immediately when the baby falls asleep so she can nap
  3. Bring chocolate
  4. Don’t tell her to call if she needs anything, just drop by and help with everything
  5. Take the big kids out for a play date
  6. Tell her she’s a hero
  7. Bring her food in disposable dishes so she doesn’t have to deal with washing or returning them
  8. Don’t tell her to carpe diem
  9. Cry with her
  10. Laugh with her

The rest are here

1 comment:

Give me a piece of your mind! ...Really, it makes my day!