Blue stained wood with crimson carnations

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Convention Roundup: Part One, The GOP

This is a bit later then I thought I'd be posting this but I want to get it in before the end of the week so here I am! Instead of blathering about how great the speakers at the GOP convention were last week I thought I'd let you see it for yourself and take a look at a few of my favorite speeches from the week!


This is Mia Love who is running for congress from Utah.

And here is the companion piece to it that ran before she came on stage:


 After Mia's speech at the convention her Wiki page was vandalized by leftists who painted her with an ugly bigoted brush as she is a Conservative Black Woman.

Next is Condoleezza Rice who is communicates a wonderful vision of America and what it means to be American:




One of my personally favorite people and politicians is Rick Santorum who gave his usual strong message on how family effects everything else:



Then came our VP nominee Paul Ryan who had a good solid speech on what has happened the last four years and what we need to do in the next four years:



Lastly, was the Senator from Florida Marco Rubio who I think had the best speech of the night and of the week! It was the first time that I'd heard him speak outside of an interview and I was as impressed with him as everyone said I should be! He is so strong and so in tune with what Conservatism is and what an America guided by Conservatism looks like that he speaks directly to the heart and soul of Americans. Be as impressed as I was.


 

Final Thoughts

While quite a number of the people who came to the podium and addressed the delegates were just plain terrible and in some cases utterly out of touch I actually came away from the convention as a whole- hopeful.
I am hopeful because I sat there watching and realized just how much has changed in the last four years. I don't mean the things that Obama has "fundamentally transformed" but the people who have been fundamentally changed because of him. What Obama has done is bad- evil even- what hes has inspired others to do in reaction to him is good.
Four years ago we saw the McCain/Palin ticket defeated and sat back thinking 'Well, there you go, that's it. It's over and I can't possibly think of who will possibly stand for us in the next election.'
Wait, you didn't? Humph. Well I did.
My point though is this- Though many things disappointed me with the convention I walked away hopeful because I realized in these past four years we have been- and are being- revitalized, reformed and restored and those 'coming up the ranks' aren't waiting quietly in the wings to grow cold and old and fall in line with the party but are being vibrant and setting aflame the detritus of old bones which will allow for the resurrection of a new man.
In four more years I expect to sit down and watch a Republican Convention that is filled with the brightest, most passionate Conservative ideologues that will we have seen in a generation and will espouse a genuine Constitutional Conservatism that will as Ronald Reagan said show 'We have met our rendezvous with destiny'...and 'have done all we could do.' 

It's great going to be a great 2016!

So keep fighting, keep hopeful, and meet me there.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Give me a piece of your mind! ...Really, it makes my day!