Blue stained wood with crimson carnations

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Pennies from Heaven...

Today I received an unexpected blessing.

I learned that a friend from BSF has been praying for me- about something that was completely off my radar!

I arrived early to BSF this morning and decided instead of flitting around to sit up front in the sanctuary while I waited to take up my post as a hostess. After all, I was wearing my new boots and I didn't want to overextend my feet before the morning had even begun! When I did stand and take my place my friend and co-hostess offered a warm welcome and apologized for not noticing me earlier. I explained that I was keeping off my feet because of my new boots and after a quick look to the floor she just about jumped up and down right there and then!
I couldn't imagine why she was more excited about my boots then I was!

As it turns out my friend has been praying for my feet.
In the midst of worry over my own prayer requests that I had been lifting to the Lord moments before, and the pinching of my arches this dear woman explained that she has been lifting me before the Lord asking 'that if it it possible for Hannah to walk normally on this earth, without pain and without her brace' that He would do it for me- 'even if I could just wear a nice pair of shoes'!

I could have cried.

Even as the word 'impossible' raced through my mind I found myself being blanketed with an incredible sense of blessing. And I felt shamed for my doubt. Hadn't I just been sitting and praying believing that God would answer my impossible prayer?  Ah me. Well, that's a subject for another post.

But the blessing, the blessing that my friend gave sticks with me still. I explained that I was only 'playing hooky' and in a few hours I'd be geared back up. This fact did not daunt her. The joy that lept from her at my small/huge victory invaded my heart. It was like a special message for me right from God.  "Even when you've forgot- I know your needs, I am taking care of you!"

As I thought about it today it has also been a reminder to me to be God's intercessory tool. To pray when it is unexpected. To pray impossible things. To pray in secret.

And to someday pass along the blessing...


3 comments:

  1. fabulous!!!!!!!!!!!! love your post! ty for sharing. i am glad you got to enjoy a bit of boot wearing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for reading- and for commenting! I'm glad you enjoyed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful post Hannah! It is such a blessing to hear of God working through His children. I know how encouraging it is to know that someone is praying for a specific need. You are in my prayers too!!

    By the way, your new boots are very stylish. : )

    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete

Give me a piece of your mind! ...Really, it makes my day!