Blue stained wood with crimson carnations

Thursday, January 3, 2013

Resolving?

"Every man should be born again on the first day of January. Start with a fresh page. Take up one hole more in the buckle if necessary, or let down one, according to circumstances; but on the first of January let every man gird himself once more, with his face to the front, and take no interest in the things that were and are past."   
~Henry Ward Beecher


The last few days I've been thinking about making resolutions and new beginnings and all the sorts of things that go along with a new year. What I'm wondering is what resolutions should I make? There are several things that I want to do this year- and there are several things that I definitely don't want to repeat from last year! But the question is what profit is it to make those resolutions and even worse to make them public?! What if you don't live up to everything you wanted to do or not do and then at the end of the year are stuck and feeling like you - horror of horrors- failed!

Anyway, I'm going to spend another few days ruminating on this subject and trying to figure out what my goals are and what I want to commit to before I share it here. ;) In the mean time tell me what you are up to this year! What are your goals? And are you a person who resolves in the first place? Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give me a piece of your mind! ...Really, it makes my day!