Blue stained wood with crimson carnations

Monday, August 6, 2012

Monday Meme: Question Four

Question #4

"Describe Your Dream Home"


This is a great question and I had a lot of fun this week pulling together images to illustrate a mental picture that is perhaps a bit too fully developed...but we'll just say that I'm a girl that knows her mind (and say nothing about my age ;) )!

Before you ever see my home you would be welcomed with a driveway lined with redbud trees. These trees are some of my favorite and I love the spring when the breakout in a riot of tiny purple blooms!

When you did see my dream home it would be a Craftsman.
Like this:

Or this:

I love the details and and craftsmanship (no pun intended) in this style of home. I love the woodwork and the built in's and fireplaces and the open well-lit interior. It speaks both of tradition and comfort while it can be easily fit and adapted to modern color pallets and furnishings.





Some of my favorite features of this kind of house are pocket doors and window seats! There will never be a dull moment in a home where one can conference behind closed doors (or conversely spy on said conversations!) or a quiet, well-lit spot to study and to explore foreign lands from the comfort of home!




One of the most important places in a home for me would be the kitchen. (Big surprise there! lol!) Although I vacillate on what my ideal kitchen color is the style is not hard to decide- I love the farmhouse kitchen look!






And wouldn't it be nice to have a nice corner tucked away in the back with lots of light for growing herbs and things in the winter?!


Speaking of growing things the yard of the house is just as important as the rest of the home and needs to be equipped with lots of raised beds for cultivating herbs, vegetables and fruits. ...Perhaps something like this:


The final touch to a backyard is an old nostalgic favorite of mine a glider swing! This allows people to sit face to face while they talk without getting too much rock and sway into it like a porch swing would... (which always makes me 'seasick'!)



So there she is...my dream house!

Would you like to come on over for a cuppa?


3 comments:

  1. Hannah, I would love to stop by for a cup of tea. : ) Your dream home seems perfect.

    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there! Thanks! I would love to have you- and just so you know that doesn't have to wait for *someday*- if you are ever down my way be sure and let me know! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dreams are nice...love these, yes, I'll be by for a cuppa and more...fair warning!

    ReplyDelete

Give me a piece of your mind! ...Really, it makes my day!