Blue stained wood with crimson carnations

Monday, July 7, 2014

Missionary Acres Bound

Hello! I'm working on my write up of my Missionary Acres trip and suddenly realized that I could have (and probably should have) posted it here as well! 
So, posting this here now for reference! 



Dear Friends and Family,
     Hello! I wanted to take a minute here to tell you all what I’ll be up to this coming week! As many of you know last year I planned to go on a missions trip to a place in Missouri called Missionary Acres which is a retirement community for missionaries. So many of you were kind enough to purchase cupcakes from me to help fund that trip and I was so very grateful! Well, things happened, as things do, and close to when we were to leave the trip ended up falling through. I was disappointed but with the hope of it working out in the fall or at another date I set that money aside and hoped for the best.
     Fast forward to this year and the trip is on again!! I leave tomorrow morning with a group from my church for Missionary Acres! This week instead of pitching in with the guys to work on maintenance projects as I thought I‘d be doing last year, I will be in charge of feeding the whole crew of us going- a total of 15 people! It will be good to get back in the kitchen again and be doing something like this and I’m excited to be able to serve in this way!
     I would be so very grateful if you would be praying for me this week. As much as I am looking forward to this trip there are also some concerns that I have and would love for you to give special attention to as you pray.
 
Please pray for:
  • The traveling. While I love going places I’m not the best traveler and long car rides tend to really wear on me. Pray that we would have safety and that I would have the minimal amount of travel sickness.
  • My health. Most of you who know me are well acquainted, or at least familiar, with my physical limitations due to my Arthritis. This week I honestly expect this to be my biggest struggle and downfall. It is an unfortunate vicious circle for me that working means being on my feet, being on my feet means pain, and pain means having to stay off my feet. Please pray that I would have the strength and energy for all that is asked of me. Pray that I would be able to have rest times to regroup. Pray that the pain and swelling would be kept to a minimum amount and that this trip would not set off a flair for me. Additionally, last week I was battling bronchitis and while I am feeling ten times better I am still struggling with a raspy cough. Pray that it would not hinder anything I need to do. 
  • The cooking. Please pray that everything runs smoothly in the kitchen and that there are no accidents or mistakes and that everything that is planned would turn out well and on time. 
  • The people. Ultimately, our group is there to minister to the residents of Missionary Acres and to meet whatever needs are there. These men and women are those who have served the Lord I’m sure in many different places and capacities. Now in their aged years are no longer supported by the churches who have supported them for many years and find themselves in challenging circumstances. It is my hope in the in between times to be able to go out with the other ladies and do some visitation. I am eager to listen, to help, and to learn. Pray that these dear souls would be blessed and that we would be blessed by them as well.
 
     So that about wraps things up I suppose! Thank you for supporting me in this trip and for your kind words and prayers! Once I am back I will be posting a full report on my blog (complete with pictures because when am I ever without my camera? Winking smile) so be sure and head over there to check it out!http://aladyintime.blogsopt.com
 
Love,
Hannah

1 comment:

  1. Hannah,

    I will definitely keep you in my prayers! I hope you have a safe and blessed time.

    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete

Give me a piece of your mind! ...Really, it makes my day!