Blue stained wood with crimson carnations

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Book Preview: Behind the Cover- Fashion and Fiction

Hello again friends!

This week I'm here with a new look at Tamera Alexander's "A Beauty So Rare"! I'm loving this book and- head's up- will have my review of it published by the end of the week but while you are waiting on that let me take you behind the cover...

Have you ever wondered about how book covers are created? I know I have! I actually really love book covers and think that they speak a lot to what is in between the covers. In years past most covers (and books!) that are lining my shelves are ones with beautifully rendered artists interpretations of how an artist sees the characters. Sometimes those covers match up splendidly with the characters described in the books, but sometimes the artist misses the mark! (How do authors feel about that when that happens?)

Well, now a days designing a book cover has changed! Much is done in front of a lens and then translated into what you see on the cover. I recently read about how this was done for the cover of "A Beauty So Rare" and there are a lot of neat details that go into making a book cover! I encourage you to head on over to Tamera's blog and take a look for yourself at the cool pics that she posted!

In the mean time, I'd love to know what you think makes a good book cover and what makes a bad one? Any thoughts? Lets discuss!


Also, one more thing- for a look at how the dress for the cover of the book was designed head on over to this post also on Tamera's site! Even if you aren't into historical fashion this will be a cool read for you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give me a piece of your mind! ...Really, it makes my day!